Wondering what it’s really like to study at Birmingham City University? First year Media student Ryan Sharman features in ITV Central’s ‘University Degree’ series this week, which follows him as he settles in to university life. Here, Ryan shares a few comments ahead of the broadcast…

During my first two or so months at Birmingham City University, I have done so many things. I have made so many new friends with people who I would never have made friends with normally. I have even had my first taste of what it is like working in a professional environment with production days that are incorporated into my course.

Since coming to Birmingham City University I have been provided with so many work opportunities; I am a Student Ambassador and Schools and College’s Liaison Officer but I also work for the Students’ Union as well as a Welcome Desk Assistant.

I’m excited to see the broadcast this week. As part of the filming, I’ve been recording my daily life being a student in Birmingham – recording things like my lectures, budgeting and what it’s like moving away from home.

In all honesty, if I did go to another university or didn’t go to university, I don’t think I would’ve been able to access all of these experiences. I mean yes, you come out with a loan of so much, but it’s definitely worth it in the end. If you have the chance to go to university, definitely do it. This is why I try and encourage people to go, to try it out for yourself, because if you don’t you’ll never know what experiences you could’ve had.

See Ryan on University Degree on ITV Central at 6pm on Tuesday 24, Wednesday 25 and Thursday 26 November.

Guest Blogger

Guest Blogger

Content by our Guest Blogger
Guest Blogger

Latest posts by Guest Blogger (see all)