Simron Kaur

Simron Kaur

Simron Kaur – BSc (Hons) Business Information Technology

I went through Clearing to study at Birmingham City University, where I now study Business Information Technology. I originally gained a conditional offer from another university but found myself in a difficult position on results day when I discovered I was 12 points below the requirements for my chosen course.

After a disappointing experience of Clearing at another university, I was at first a little withdrawn from the whole process. But I realised that I needed to find a place at a good university as this was always my plan for the future.

My experience of Clearing at Birmingham City University really was a breath of fresh air. I felt that I was understood and heard, which made the whole process a lot less stressful. The experience was easy, helpful and professional.

The advisors were so lovely and really understood what I was going through. My advisor helped me to become less nervous about the whole situation. The advisor found the course I was interested in and explained some of the details about it, which was perfect as I wanted to know I was making the right decision.

I know now that I made the right choice, 100 per cent. The University is a really great university and has the right resources to help with issues that may come your way. I feel at home with the University as staff members are so helpful and friendly. It may have been the best choice I ever made, going through Clearing.

My advice would be to stay positive throughout the Clearing process — there are always people that will be happy to help! Stay true to what you want to do, as your decision will impact your life hugely!