KT For Academics.
Knowledge Transfer is one of the world’s leading knowledge transfer mechanisms, which provides academics with the unique opportunity to apply research to real world business projects.
Through KT, academics can:
- Develop business relevant teaching and research material
- Apply knowledge and expertise to important business problems
- Identify new research themes and undergraduate/postgraduate projects
Each KT project lasts between 6 months and 36 months, depending upon the time required to deliver real outcomes.
KT enables academics to participate in rewarding and ongoing collaborations with innovative businesses that require up-to-date research-based expertise to succeed.
- Apply knowledge and expertise to important problems facing businesses
- Develop relevant teaching and research material
- Identify new research themes and undergraduate and post graduate projects
- Publish high quality journal and conference papers
- Gain an improved understanding of business requirements and operations
- Contribute to the (REF)
- Participate in rewarding and ongoing collaboration with innovative businesses
- Supervise and act as mentors for past graduates working on business based projects
Businesses from the full range of sectors are eligible to participate in KT, as are a range of value driven organisations, including voluntary and community groups, social enterprises, charities, co-operatives and mutuals. 66% of businesses that participate in KT are small to medium size enterprises (SMEs) with high growth potential.
All businesses must be financially viable and committed to strategic change. A KT is expected to deliver a step change in the businesses capability and performance.
Advisers are key in assisting and supporting academics in helping to meet their objectives – in the short term and in the longer term.
Advisers provide guidance on the implementation of Associate training and development policy, and on the conditions governing payment of grants. Advisers also provide access to the body of KT experience and encourage best practice in knowledge transfer.
All KT Advisers have extensive knowledge of higher education and business.