Students love S.P.A.C.E

Untitled design (1)

S.P.A.C.E is a unique practice area where our health care students can develop their skills and improve their competencies.

S.P.A.C.E is a unique practice area, on campus at City South, where all our health care students can go to practice outside of lectures, to prepare them for placement and grow their confidence.

In S.P.A.C.E you can find simulation mannequins (say hi to Audrey!)…

Over 100 skills procedures for students to practice…

Untitled-2

And a ward area, complete with a hospital bed and cot…

Untitled-3

First year Adult Nursing students, Ben and Deborah share their experience of S.P.A.C.E and what is has meant for their time at BCU so far.

SPACE

Ben: First year at university is always going to be a daunting experience; in fact, going into the adult nursing course felt like I was going out of my comfort zone. However, I have always firmly believed in helping others which made me make the decision that nursing was the career for me…

S.P.A.C.E has helped me tremendously in developing the skills towards being a fully qualified nurse; without S.P.A.C.E, I wouldn’t have had the confidence to practice and develop the practical skills necessary for placement. It has given me more confidence in refining the skills I have learnt from lecturers and putting them into practice.

The support is fantastic, the technicians do everything to provide support for us, giving us the equipment to practice the skills we have learnt, whether it may be for placement and examinations. Without S.P.A.C.E., I probably wouldn’t be where I am today, nearing the end of first year.

Untitled design

Deborah: S.P.A.C.E was one of the main things that brought me to BCU.

I love that there is a dedicated place to practice and refine my clinical skills. What I love most is that it is done in a relaxed environment, free of the stress of the classroom and that makes it conducive to great learning.

It’s served by friendly and helpful staff who are committed to providing relevant resources and support to all the students who pass through the doors. It is so vital that as student nurses we practice these skills and improve our competencies and S.P.A.C.E is absolutely the place to make that happen for me outside of placement.

If I am not in lectures, or relaxing with friends for a quick coffee you can probably find me there 🙂

Untitled design (1)

You can visit S.P.A.C.E any time Monday-Friday from 10am-4pm, in the Seacole building at City South Room 311.  For more information please email  healthspace@bcu.ac.uk or follow S.P.A.C.E on Twitter.

giphy-downsized (1)