Becky's Primary Ed Blog

First day of teaching!

WOW! I had my first day of teaching today and it couldn’t have gone any better. This is why I love teaching! I feel so happy about how well it went for my first lesson , especially to have a child say, “Thank you, I really enjoyed the lesson.” It was very overwhelming.

200w_d (2)

I like to make my lessons active and engaging to ensure that all children are involved. I find that doing more practical things with children really helps them to learn more as well as having fun while learning. Although I do like to get the children up and having a laugh, at this stage it’s so early into this placement that I need to ensure I maintain a boundary so they know I’m their teacher, not a friend. I feel you can have fun while teaching but ultimately they need to know who the boss is!

200w_d (3)
I’m so excited to get back to the classroom tomorrow to teach. I always keep in mind that ‘teachers who love teaching, teach children to love learning’ and that is exactly what my aim is to do. That’s what I am there for. The most important thing is to make sure those children are learning what they need to. Working with Year 2 I think is going to be my favourite year! 😀