A week to go until I’m teaching…

So after meeting with my tutor and other members of staff last week I have just finished my first week on placement in my new school.

I’m in Year 2 and it’s such a wonderful, small school. It is one form entry and all the staff and children are so welcoming. I have got the excitement back that I had when I was in first year placement and I am finally feeling confident that I can succeed.

My tutor did tell me that second year students at uni can struggle to get motivated for some reason. But knowing I am in a good school and have all the support in place means I definitely don’t feel that way and I’m confident I can start teaching to a high level 🙂

I’m still on visit days so I’m getting to know the children, their names and characteristics. I am terrible with names! I’ve drawn a seating plan to make sure I can start remembering names when I start teaching; I don’t want to end up like this next week:

200w_d

This week has really helped me to see the different abilities within the class and see where I can support the children best. This is a huge tip to take on board in those few weeks to leading up to teaching: know your children! Know their likes and dislikes, their abilities and especially know their names! 😉

200w_d (1)