Fashion Branding and Communication, Staff Profile

Profile: Lindsay Pressdee, Course Leader, BA (Hons) Fashion Branding and Communication

FBC-BCU-Fashion-Textiles-12-Lindsay-2
What did you study at University?
I studied for my degree in BA (Hons) Fashion and Textiles at Ravensbourne in London. I decided to take the plunge and start my own fashion brand when I graduated as it is something I had always wanted to do. This was a great success and I took it to a fashion boutique on central London Carnaby Street, and with concessions in Topshop and Debenhams.
I am currently undertaking an MA in Visual Communication at BCU, this is a great opportunity to extend my knowledge and add to my skill set. I am specialising in brand experience and just undertook a brand audit project for Francesco, the hairdressing group.

What are your career highlights?
Having my own shop in central London was a massive career highlight and a dream come true. Seeing my range in magazines and on TV was always great.
However, I also enjoyed my years working for BDALONDON and working on high level design, trend and brand strategy projects. Working with clients such as Paul Costelloe, ASOS and M&S were fantastic, and I got to travel all over the world.
What are your specialist areas?
Branding and product strategy, and trend forecasting.
What are your research interests?
Undertaking my MA in brand experience has given me the opportunity to explore this area. I am completing research work on brand collaborations and brand semiotics, exploring how brands use different techniques and strategies to communicate their core values.
What is your favourite thing about working at BCU?
What is great about working at BCU is working with a great team and working with great students. Seeing students learn and develop into fashion professionals is always rewarding and it’s exciting to see where they end up.
Do you have any tips for students?
Make the most of your time at uni, attend your classes, ask questions and use the amazing resources that are available here.
Lastly, any advice for working in the industry?
Be nice to people, no one wants to work with a difficult person. It will get you further than you think!

Find out more about BA (Hons) Fashion Branding and Communication.
Read more posts about our Fashion staff here.