2019 has seen many aspects of Library & Learning Resource’s (L&LR) work recognised both by the University and externally.
At the start of 2019 L&LR retained the externally validated Customer Service Excellence Award. The Service is now compliant or compliant plus in all but one of the 57 elements.
As Enid Pryce-Jones, (Deputy Director L&LR) commented, “It is testimony to the hard work and dedication of all L&LR staff and the engagement of our partners in BCU – without them there would be no accreditation.”
In April it was fabulous to see colleagues from L&LR achieving recognition at BCU’s CFO Awards:
- the Library Relocation Team won the CFO Portfolio Team Award for Student Transformation – relocating Education from City North’s Kenrick Library to Mary Seacole Library
- the Curzon Library Customer Services Team won in the Generosity of Spirit Award for their work helping students and staff who use BCU Library
- the Stock Management Team (Mary Seacole Library) were nominated in the Continuous Improvement Award category, and finally,
- Colleagues from the L&LR Collections Team were nominated within the Student Transformation Award.
All fantastic achievements. “It really does prove what an excellent service we provide.” (L&LR SMT)
And there’s been more…
In the recent BCU Extra Miles Award 2018/2019 the Library Staff Team were shortlisted for the Team of the Year Award alongside a nomination for Librarian James Dean, shortlisted in the Professional Services Staff of the Year category.
Quite a year so far, I think you’ll agree, demonstrating that “The L&LR work hard to meet customer needs and deliver services.” (L&LR SMT).
^Posted on behalf of Fid Bleasdale, Customer Services.
Did you know that the library offers a variety of different study spaces?
Come along to one of our drop in sessions at Seacole Library and
- Find a study space that suits you
- Learn more about the learning area in the new building at City South Campus
- Use PC finder
- Identify study zones within the library
The drop in sessions are running on the following dates and times at Seacole Library:
||10:00 to 11:00
||11:00 to 12:00
||12:00 to 13:00
||13:00 to 14:00
||12:00 to 13:00
Find us at the comfy seating area in the Library by the Self-Service Machines
^ Posted on behalf of Huizhe Jin, Customer Services, Seacole Library
Do you want to discover more about how to use library resources, services and databases?
Then sign up to one of our drop-in sessions where you can:
- Get hands-on experience of using our databases eg. CINAHL; MEDLINE: Cochrane: PSYCHArticles; SPORTSDiscus; Summon
- Learn how to get the most out of the databases
- Improve your search skills and techniques to get better results
Sessions take place in Seacole 271, and are running from now until April.
Simply book your place via moodle (Open Sessions at City South)
^Posted on behalf of the Learning, Teaching & Research Team, Seacole Library
Great news! We have taken out a subscription to Anatomy.TV.
This is an interactive resource which brings human anatomy and muscle function to life in 3D models. There are also quizzes and activities to test your knowledge.
To access this resource log in to iCity and go through the library’s A-Z of Resources.
We hope you find it useful. Let us know what you think via libanswers.bcu.ac.uk
We need students to take part in some focus groups to help us understand your perspective on navigating around our systems to access library resources.
You would be required to attend two sessions, one in May this academic year, and one next academic year in the Spring term.
Each session lasts 2 hours and involves
- Scenario based activities to enable us to detail your experiences of accessing library resources. We will assess your customer journey in terms of ease, quality and emotional response.
- Focus group discussion
We value your input because understanding your perspectives and hearing ‘your’ voice are essential to the development of our processes and services.
The dates for Session 1 are:
Tuesday 2nd May 1.30pm – 2.30pm
Thursday 4th May 10am – 12noon
Tuesday 9th May 1pm – 3pm
If you are interested in participating please email email@example.com
Participation counts towards your Silver award.
^This was posted on behalf of BCU Graduate+ and Library and Learning Resources.