Every month Customer Services staff put on a pop up “How to …” event visiting each of our four libraries and provide students with information and support about various different topics. Past How to events have covered getting started in the library, where to find study spaces and using our libraries over the vacation.
This month’s theme is “How to … start your research” and library staff will be on hand to show you how to search the library’s resources, book a tutorial with a librarian, and find out how Centre for Academic Success and Personal Development Department (PDD) (City South) can help you too.
Research from the University of Huddersfield has found there is a statistically significant correlation between library usage and final degree result.
Learning how to use the library and search can potentially help you gain better marks, and save time too so pop along to one of our sessions below:
||12pm to 2pm
|Margaret Street Library
||12pm to 1pm
|City South Library
||11am to 1pm
|Vittoria Street Library
||12pm to 1pm
^Published on behalf of Janet Fox and Huizhe Jin, Customer Servcies Librarians
Fri 15 Dec 2017
If your Inter-Library book loan is due for return by Fri 15 Dec, please ensure you return it promptly, or request a renewal. Remember that renewals are not always possible, and you may still need to return the item.
Mon 18 Dec – Thu 21 Dec 2017
- We will be offering a limited service during this time.
- We are very unlikely to be able to process book loan requests, as most of our suppliers suspend their loan service the week before Christmas.
- We may be able to source limited journal articles/ book chapters (document supply)
Fri 22 Dec 2017 – Tues 2 Jan 2018
- The Inter-Library Loans service will be closed from 2pm on Fri 22 Dec, and we will reopen on Tues 2 Jan 2018. No requests will be processed during this time, and the office will be closed.
- We will not be able to process any renewal requests during this time.
- We anticipate a backlog of requests upon our return, so delays in processing will be likely, with the aim to be back to our normal levels of service from Mon 8 Jan.
Are you new to libraries? Feeling a bit overwhelmed by it all?
Come along to one of our ‘HOW TO’ sessions and learn more about:
- Locating the books you need
- Finding out what your Library PIN is
- Using the self issue machines to take books out
- Printing, photocopying and scanning ….. and much, much more
The Customer Services team will be running these sessions at both Curzon Library and Mary Seacole Library on:
Monday, 2nd October 10:00-11:00
Tuesday, 3rd October 11:00-12:00
Wednesday, 4th October 12:00-13:00
Thursday, 5th October 13:00-14:00
Friday, 6th October 10:00 – 11:00 (Curzon ) 14:00-15:00 (Seacole)
The sessions at Curzon Library are being held opposite the Help Desk on the Ground Floor.
The sessions at Mary Seacole Library are being held at the comfy seating area by the self service machines.
See you there!
FAME has been updated. It is now more intuitive with an enhanced contemporary interface which is fast to use and tablet friendly.
FAME still has the same comprehensive information about UK and Irish companies but amongst its new features are
- New navigation panel
- New report types
- New news section
- Information presented in a graphic form
To access FAME go to the red library tile in iCity, select Links then Find Resources, then go to the A-Z of Resources.
If you need any further help using FAME please contact Carol Price (Learning, Teaching and Research Librarian – Business & Law)