We are running our How to events next week.
Library staff will be visiting all 5 of our campus libraries to show you how to get help from the library and the various different ways to contact us.
The timetable for the sessions is below:
|Mon 5 March
||School of Art Library,
|11:30 to 12:30
|Tue 6 March
||11:30 to 12:30
|Wed 7 March
||11:30 to 12:30
|Thu 8 March
||School of Jewellery Library, Vittoria Street
||10:00 to 11:00
|Fri 9 March
||Mary Seacole Library
||11:30 to 12:30
Hope to see you there!
^Posted on behalf of Huizhe Jin and Janet Fox, Customer Services.
From Monday 8th January we have a new room bookings system in place for Curzon Library, which includes the individual/group study rooms within the library, as well as the new study rooms within the Open Learning Zone in Curzon B (available as soon as the area is fully open).
The new form is easy to use – just select up to two hours and confirm your booking within 1 hour by clicking the link sent to your university email.
The new link is available here – please update your old bookmarks!
General rules for study rooms
- Please don’t exceed the maximum number of people stated on the door to each room! Sometimes we find 4 or 5 people squished into a 2-person room – asides from being really uncomfortable for you, it’s a health and safety issue. Group rooms are available, plus there’s loads of space in Curzon B for group study.
- Remember that most of our study rooms are within the yellow quiet zones. They aren’t soundproof, so if you’re chatting loudly or playing music, you’re potentially disturbing those around you who are trying to study.
- No food or drinks allowed! It’s a small space, often with computer equipment present. Spillages, litter and smelly food make it unpleasant for those using the room after you, so we ask that you eat/drink in the designated cafe areas within the building. Plus, it’s good to have a break from studying.
- Please don’t leave belongings in the rooms when you’re not in there – we wouldn’t want them to go missing, and it’s not fair to other students who are prevented from using the space because of it. If we find unattended bags/laptops/coats in rooms then we will ask security officers to remove them.
Update 10/1/18: Access to Westlaw International is now resolved.
Since Westlaw made some changes last week, there have been problems accessing Westlaw International. If you get this message you need to scroll to the bottom and click on the ‘sign in with OpenAthens’ option – unfortunately this will only work on campus.
We are in contact with Westlaw so hope to improve this soon.
^Laura on behalf of the Systems Team
Box of Broadcasts have made some improvements to clips, requests and playlists:
- The default landing page on login has been changed from “Requested” to “Playlists”.
- Users can now remove requests, playlists and clips from “My BoB”.
- Users can now sort lists by title and date.
- Users can now filter/search content within requests, playlists and clips.
- Users can add content to playlists directly from the requests and clips panels in “My BoB”.
- Users can manually arrange/sort programmes inside a playlist by dragging programmes around.
BoB works best in Chrome or Firefox.
It’s a brand new year, and to celebrate, we’re hiding 10 Golden Tickets in our libraries over the next two weeks. Each Golden Ticket wins a prize!
Follow us on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram to find out where each Golden Ticket is hidden!
The competition is running from Monday 25th September to Friday 6th October.