Top 5 Frequently Asked Questions

Library and Learning Resources run an online Library Help service which includes a section for Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs).  What are our most popular FAQs?

1. How do I book a study room in the Library?

We’ve got a number of individual and group study rooms in both Curzon and Kenrick Libraries.  If you need a quiet place to study, or if you’re working as a group, these rooms are ideal for you.  They get booked up quickly so make sure you reserve your space.

sDSCF0012_JPG

1. How do I print from my laptop or mobile device?

It’s easy peasy! Just log into your University email account and send your document as an attachment to mobileprinting@bcu.ac.uk.  Collect your prints from any BCU printer.

1. How do I access ebooks?

Ebooks are ideal for the busy student – you can read them anywhere, you don’t have to remember to return or renew them, and you can search within the text.  You can also save links, create a virtual bookshelf, download a small percentage, add virtual notes, you don’t have to carry and store them… not to mention they’re more environmentally friendly than paper books.

1. How do I search for journal articles?

The savvy student will always use journal articles to enhance their work and improve their grades. Journal articles contain up-to-date information, often peer-reviewed and full of references to other useful articles.

Summon

1. Can I request a book or journal article that the library doesn’t have?

Yes! We can’t subscribe to every journal or buy every book. However, we know where to find them if you need them.  Books are usually borrowed for a short period of time from the British Library, and they will also send electronic copies of journal articles straight to your inbox.

Got a question and can’t find the answer? Submit your question here.